Classic Benchmark WOD
- Buy-In: 0.5 mile Weighted Run (1/2 Bodyweight)
- Then, AMRAP in 20 minutes of:
- 5 Deadlifts (1/2 Bodyweight)
- 5 Hang Power Cleans (1/2 Bodyweight)
- 5 Front Squats (1/2 Bodyweight)
- 5 Push Jerks (1/2 Bodyweight)
- 5 Back Squats (1/2 Bodyweight)
- 0.5 mile Run
To start the workout, Run half a mile while carrying any object at 50% of your bodyweight. Then, on a 20-minute clock, perform as many rounds and repetitions as possible (AMRAP) of the prescribed work in the order written.
Score is the total number of rounds and repetitions completed before the 20-minute clock stops.
About the wod
Background: The “Painstorm” WODs are a series of workouts that became popular after they were shared in the CrossFit Forum, typically with Credit to Brand X CrossFit and CrossFit Central Scotland in the early 2000’s. Each workout in the series, identified by the roman numeral in its name, has since spread throughout the functional fitness community. As a whole, the collection became very popular.
This specific workout was shared with WODwell by a friend who had a connection to one of the gyms who originated it.
See more “Painstorm” WODs