CrossFit "Girl" Benchmark WOD
- For Time
- 150 Wall Ball Shots (20/14 lb, 10/9 ft)
With a running clock, complete the 150 repetitions as fast as possible (for time). Rest as needed, either holding the ball or with the ball on the ground.
Good Times for “Karen” (source)
– Beginner: 12-15 minutes
– Intermediate: 8-11 minutes
– Advanced: 6-7 minutes
– Elite: <6 minutes
This classic benchmark contains a high volume of a light weightlifting movement. Choose a load that allows you to hang on for large sets. Pacing and strategic rest periods will be required in order to set your best time.
150 wall-ball shots
Men: 14-lb. ball to 10-ft. target
Women: 10-lb. ball to 9-ft. target
50 wall-ball shots
Men: 10-lb. ball to 10-ft. target
Women: 6-lb. ball to 9-ft. target
This workout was first posted on the CrossFit Main Site as the workout of the day for Thursday, August 7, 2008 (080807).
Tips & Strategy: For most athletes, it will be important to bite off sets that are big enough to make progress, but not so big that you have to rest more than 10 seconds before picking up the ball again. The ideal set size is one that you can hold the whole way through.
Avoid opening with a huge set of 30 if you're going to have to do 5's with lots of rest between the rest of the way. Avoid doing any sets so large that you have to rest more than 10 seconds before picking up the ball again.
- Beginner: try 30 sets of 5 (target time 12-15 minutes)
- Intermediate: try 15 sets of 10 (target time 8-11 minutes)
- Advanced: try 5 sets of 30 (target time 6-7 minutes)
- Elite: <6 minutes (competitive athletes may be able to complete the workout in two sets of 75 or even unbroken, in a single set of 150 repetitions)