Project Fitness CrossFit Hero WOD
- 5 Rounds (with a Partner) for Time
- 7 Rope Climbs
- 16 Barbell Complexes* (135/95 lb)
- 2,015 meter Row
- *Barbell Complex is:
- 1 Deadlift
- 1 Hang Power Clean
- 1 Jerk
- 1 Back Squat
Split work between partners, one person working while the one rests. Once a partner starts a barbell complex, that partner must complete the complex before switching with the other partner.
About the wod
Background: This Hero workout is dedicated to the five members of the Armed forces that were killed in a shooting in Chattanooga, TN on July 16, 2015.
The fallen Marines were identified as:
– Gunnery Sgt. Thomas J. Sullivan of Hampden, Massachusetts
– Staff Sgt. David A. Wyatt of Burke, North Carolina
– Sgt. Carson A. Holmquist of Polk, Wisconsin
– Lance Cpl. Squire K. “Skip” Wells of Cobb County, Georgia.
The fallen sailor, who succumbed to his injuries a few days later, was identified is Randall Smith of Paulding, Ohio.
Sullivan, Wyatt and Holmquist had served in Iraq, Afghanistan or both.
The five rounds signify the five victims. The seven rope climbs are for July and the sixteen barbell complexes are for the date – the 16th. The 2015 row is for the year – 2015.
We first found this workout posted by Project Fitness CrossFit (Garden City, KS) who programmed the workout for a memorial event at their gym on Saturday, July 25, 2015.
See also: “Fallen Five” Hero WOD