What’s in a benchmark WOD? It’s more than a workout.
Many of the most popular WODs on WODwell include more than just the workout. Below is a brief breakdown of what you’ll find on each benchmark WOD page, followed by an annotated example.
- Below the workout name and subtitle you’ll see action buttons that let you add a workout to your personal collections or share it on social media
- Below that, you’ll see the workout itself, followed by helpful workout notes, required equipment, and links to movement demos.
- For our most popular workouts, you’ll find even more detailed notes like intended stimulus, workout tips & strategy, and/or scaling options.
- Over 1,000 workouts also include workout video demos so you can watch other athletes do the workouts or coaches share their tips.
- Scroll down further and you’ll discover the background story behind the workout. Each benchmark workout has a story that’s verified by our staff.
- You’ll also find any dates of significance (which link to our WOD Calendar). The ⚡️means the calendar is a feature available to Beastmode members.
- Finally, we always cite the original source when available.
Here’s an example…
Each section of the benchmark workout (“The Chief”) is labeled/annotated in the image below.
Benchmark workouts (WODs) are hallmarks of functional fitness. They are well-tested by athletes worldwide and their stories are well-known. All verified benchmark workouts (1,000+ of them) are available on WODwell for free, forever. See all benchmark WODs >