“Tunnel of Love + Roses are Red”
Modern Viking Athletics Benchmark WOD
- Two Parts (with a Partner)
- (A) "Tunnel of Love," For Time:
- 1000 meter Row (Partner 2 Jumps Rope*)
- *Switch every 500 meters; For each jump rope break both partners rest 15 seconds (mandatory)
- (B) "Roses are Red, Violets are Blue...So are Medicine Balls," AMRAP in 20 minutes of:
- 50 Partner Med Ball Russian Twists (20 lb)
- 40 Partner Med Ball Sit-Ups (20 lb)
- 30 Slam Balls (20 lb)
- 20 Wall Ball Shots (20 lb)
- Use a single medicine ball throughout
For Part A, start the row and jump rope together and switch each 500 meters. If partner jumping rope breaks, rowing partner must put down the rower handle and both partners wait 15 seconds before resuming.
For Part B, use a single medicine ball (or slam ball) throughout. For the Russian Twists, partners sit back-to-back with feet elevated off the floor and rotate to hand the ball to each other. Each hand off is one rep. For partner sit-ups, sit facing each other. Partner must touch the ball on the ground behind their head, sit-up, then hand or pass the ball to their partner to complete one rep. For the slam balls and wall balls, break up the work as needed between partners.
About the wod
Custom Workout Programming
Discover incredible coaches who design custom workout programs.
Related WODsSee More Related WODs
No Ads (Upgrade)
UNLOCK THE WOD CALENDAR
Upgrade to "Beastmode" to get daily workout inspiration from our WOD Calendar - and more.
- 365 days of workout inspiration from the WOD Calendar - Discover anniversaries for famous heroes, memorials, tributes and other benchmark WODs.
- advanced filters for 5x more popular workouts
- 100 new WODs each month
- and no more ads!
Already a subscriber? Login
Add to collection
MovementPopularAlphabeticalShow 15 moreShow allShow less
EquipmentPopularAlphabeticalShow 15 moreShow allShow less
Your feedback has been received. We really appreciate you taking the time to do that. Want to know when we make major updates? Subscribe to our monthly newsletter: https://wodwell.com/wods/subscribe/ Jeremy & Lisa WODwell