GoRuck Tribute WOD
- For Time (with a Partner)
- Buy-In: 400 meter Partner Carry (switch as needed)
- Directly into:
- 300 Ruck Swings (30/20 lb)
- 200 Sit-Ups
- 200 Ruck Lunges (30/20 lb)
- 200 Ruck Overhead Shoulder Press (30/20 lb)
- Buy-Out: 400 meter Partner Carry (switch as needed)
With a running clock, as fast as possible perform the prescribed work in the order written. Switch as needed in the Partner Carry. Split the reps however you choose with one person working at a time.
Score is the time on the clock when the buy-out of 400 meter Partner Carry is completed.
About the wod
Background: This workout was a part of GoRuck‘s August Monthly Challenge back in 2019.
MACV-SOG had an extensive area of operation that included Thailand, Laos, North Vietnam, and Cambodia. The Command and Control Detachments were located in the North (CCN), Central (CCC), and the South (CCS). Each team in these detachments used different code names; the North used poisonous snakes like cobra and viper, the Central used state names, and the South used tool names like hammer and miter. All teams were self-sufficient, yet worked toward the same general goals.