Cavemantraining Benchmark WOD by Taco Fleur
- For Time
- 44 Air Squats
- 44 Kettlebell Complexes (2 x 16/12 kg)
- 44 Burpees
- 1 Kettlebell Complex is comprised of 1 Deadlift + 1 Clean + 1 Thruster
For the Deadlift+Clean+Thruster complex, athlete must start with two kettlebells on the ground, deadlift both finishing in a standing hang position, then lower the kettlebells to the ground once more, then explosively power clean both kettlebells to a standing front rack position, then perform a full squat thruster finishing with both kettlebells overhead. The full complex must be completed unbroken to count as a single repetition.
- Squat: To really prepare the legs for what's to come.
- Kettlebell Combo: It's all legs. There is the deadlift, then the squat style dead clean, then the squat and thrust. Remember, still no arms involved. You should generate enough power to drive those kettlebells up with the power generated by the legs.
- Burpee: A good finisher as a lot of the work is anterior chain dominant. "Plus, they're just awesome. Burpees all day, every day."
"Taco44" was designed by CrossFit coach Taco Fleur of Cavemantraining, "to provide some pain/joy on [his own 44th] birthday, December 5, 2017. Hence, the number of reps."
Taco said "I really should have rested that day, but you know how you sometimes don't listen to your own advice! Our lower bodies were the only parts that could still do some work."
Taco's time: 14:45 with 2 x 16kg
Anna’s time 14:28 with 2 x 12kg