Cavemantraining Benchmark WOD
- For Time
- 44 Air Squats
- 44 Kettlebell Complexes (2 x 16/12 kg)
- 44 Burpees
- 1 Kettlebell Complex is comprised of 1 Deadlift + 1 Clean + 1 Thruster
For the Deadlift+Clean+Thruster complex, athlete must start with two kettlebells on the ground, deadlift both finishing in a standing hang position, then lower the kettlebells to the ground once more, then explosively power clean both kettlebells to a standing front rack position, then perform a full squat thruster finishing with both kettlebells overhead. The full complex must be completed unbroken to count as a single repetition.
About the wod
- Squat: To really prepare the legs for what's to come.
- Kettlebell Combo: It's all legs. There is the deadlift, then the squat style dead clean, then the squat and thrust. Remember, still no arms involved. You should generate enough power to drive those kettlebells up with the power generated by the legs.
- Burpee: A good finisher as a lot of the work is anterior chain dominant. "Plus, they're just awesome. Burpees all day, every day."
"Taco44" was designed by CrossFit coach Taco Fleur of Cavemantraining, "to provide some pain/joy on [his own 44th] birthday, December 5, 2017. Hence, the number of reps."
Taco said "I really should have rested that day, but you know how you sometimes don't listen to your own advice! Our lower bodies were the only parts that could still do some work."
Taco's time: 14:45 with 2 x 16kg
Anna’s time 14:28 with 2 x 12kg
Custom Workout Programming
Discover incredible coaches who design custom workout programs.
Related WODsSee More Related WODs
No Ads (Upgrade)
UNLOCK THE WOD CALENDAR
Upgrade to "Beastmode" to get daily workout inspiration from our WOD Calendar - and more.
- 365 days of workout inspiration from the WOD Calendar - Discover anniversaries for famous heroes, memorials, tributes and other benchmark WODs.
- advanced filters for 5x more popular workouts
- 100 new WODs each month
- and no more ads!
Already a subscriber? Login
Add to collection
MovementPopularAlphabeticalShow 15 moreShow allShow less
EquipmentPopularAlphabeticalShow 15 moreShow allShow less
Your feedback has been received. We really appreciate you taking the time to do that. Want to know when we make major updates? Subscribe to our monthly newsletter: https://wodwell.com/wods/subscribe/ Jeremy & Lisa WODwell