“Stalker of the Seas”
CrossFit 1855 Hero WOD
- For Time
- 3 Devil Presses (2x50/35 lb)
- 37 Double-Unders
- Directly into, 4 Rounds of:
- 29 Sit-Ups
- 20 Double Dumbbell Deadlifts (2x50/35 lb)
- 4 Devil Presses (2x50/35 lb)
- 23 Dumbbell Rows (2x50/35 lb)
- 600 meter Run
With a running clock, as fast as possible perform the prescribed work in the order written. Athlete must accomplish the buy-in of 3 Devil Presses and 37 Double-Unders before moving on to 4 rounds of 29 Sit-Ups and 20 Double Dumbbell Deadlifts. To complete the workout, perform the buy-out of 4 Devil Presses, 23 Dumbbell Rows, and 600 meter Run.
Score is the time on the clock when the 600 meter Run is completed.
About the wod
Background: This workout is dedicated to the six brave Royal Canadian Air Force airmen who gave their lives in the line of duty during NATO exercises off the coast of Greece on April 29, 2020, when their CH-148 Cyclone helicopter crashed.
Sub-Lieutenant Abbigail Cowbrough
Capt. Brenden Ian MacDonald
Capt. Kevin Hagen
Capt. Maxime Miron-Morin
Sub-Lieutenant Matthew Pyke
Master- Cpl. Matthew Cousins.
This workout was designed and submitted to WODwell by Kris Gibbs and Marc-Andre Lussier of CrossFit 1855 @crossfit1855 (Ottawa, ON, Canada). It is named after the call sign of the helicopter, ‘Stalker.’
The rep scheme signifies:
– 3 and 37 reps Buy-In for the ship that the helicopter came from, the HMCS Fredericton (FFH 337)
– 4 rounds, 29 and 20 reps for the date of the incident
– 600 meter Run for the 6 individuals involved
– 4-23 reps Buy-Out for the squadron number