“SPC Vanessa Guillén”
North Dallas CrossFit Memorial WOD
- AMRAP in 20 minutes
- 400 meter Run
- 22 Burpees to Plate
- 9 Lunges (each leg)
- 30 Ground-to-Overheads with Plate (45/25 lb)
- 99 Air Squats
On a 20-minute clock, perform as many rounds and repetitions as possible (AMRAP) of the prescribed work in the order written.
Score is the total number of rounds and repetitions completed before the 20-minute clock stops.
About the wod
Background: This memorial workout is dedicated to US Army Soldier Vanessa Guillén who went missing from Fort Hood Army base on April 22, 2020. Her remains were discovered in a rural section of Bell County, TX, over two months later, from an apparent homicide.
Born on September 30, 1999, Guillén was a small-arms repairer assigned to Support Troop, Engineer Squadron, 3rd Cavalry Regiment. A private first class when she disappeared, she was promoted to specialist effective July 1, based on time in service, according to Fort Hood.
The workout was designed by Coach Margot Putty @margotputty of North Dallas CrossFit @northdallascrossfit (Dallas, Texas, USA), who also hosted a community Zoom workout on July 11, 2020, with all the proceeds donated to Spc Guillén’s family.
The rep scheme signifies:
– 20 minute AMRAP for Vanessa Guillén’s age
– 400 meter Run for the month when she passed away
– 22 Burpees to Plate for the day of her passing
– 9 Lunges for Vanessa Guillén’s birthday month
– 30 Ground-to-Overheads for her birthday
– 99 Air Squats for her birth year.