Campus CrossFit Hero WOD
- AMRAP in 22 minutes
- 35 Kettlebell Swings (50/35 lb)
- 9 Burpees
- 35 Air Squats
- 8 Push-Ups
- Cash-Out: 431 Single-Unders
On a 22-minute clock, perform as many rounds and repetitions as possible (AMRAP) of the prescribed work in the order written. After the 22-minute clock, complete the cash-out of 431 Single-Unders.
Score is the total number of repetitions completed before the 22-minute clock stops.
About the wod
Background: This hero workout is dedicated to Captain Jennifer Casey, a Public Affairs officer of the Canadian Military ‘Snowbirds’ (the military aerobatics team of the Royal Canadian Air Force), who died on May 17, 2020, when the aircraft she was riding in crashed after takeoff in Kamloops, British Columbia.
The workout was designed by Coach Tony Holbrook, owner of Campus Athletics @campuscrossfit (Langley, BC, Canada), and was performed at the gym on May 23, 2020.
The rep scheme signifies:
– 35 Kettlebell Swings for the age when Capt. Casey passed
– 9 Burpees for the 9 planes flown in Snowbirds Formation
– 8 Push-Ups for the 8 planes flown in “Missing Man” Formation
– 431 Single-Unders for the official name of the Snowbirds as 431 Air Demonstration Squadron of the RCAF.
According to Tony, “the movements were chosen in part based on their names (Air squat – planes in the air, KB Swings – pointing to the sky).”
See also: Capt. Jennifer Casey (same person, different workout)