Black House Strength Hero WOD
- For Time (with a Partner)
- Buy-In: 2,006 meter Ski
- Then, 15 Rounds of:
- 12 Dumbbell Thrusters (2x50/35 lb)
- 10 Stone Over Shoulders (100/70 lb)
- Cash-Out: 2,947 meter Bike
- *Every 7 minutes, perform 22 Burpees (each)
- Time Cap: 40 minutes
With a running clock, as fast as possible perform the prescribed work in the order written. Athletes must accomplish the 2,006 meter ski before moving on to the 15 rounds of dumbbell thrusters and stone over shoulders. If you don’t have a Stone, use a Dead Ball, Sandbag, or other odd object. After the 15 rounds, athletes must accomplish the 2,947 meter bike.
Score is the time on the clock when the bike is completed.
About the wod
Background: This hero workout is dedicated to Detective Joseph Seals, Jersey City Police Dept., NJ, who was killed in the line of duty on December 10, 2019, while attempting to make contact with a suspicious person.
This workout was designed by Coach Jeffrey Johnson of Black House Strength & Conditioning @blackhousestrong (Jersey City, NJ, USA).
In a conversation with WODwell, Jeff told us that he designed the workout in Det. Seals’ honor and asked that Black Houses’ members make a donation to Det. Seals’ family.
According to Jeff, the rep scheme signifies:
– 40 for his age when he passed
– 2006 for the year he joined the Jersey City Force
– 15 rounds for the number of years he was on the force
– 12 and 10 reps for the day he passed
– 2947 for his badge number
The final 22 burpees in 7 minutes represent the 22 veterans who commit suicide every day, 7 days a week.