CrossFit Huachuca Hero WOD
- AMRAP in 29 minutes
- 83 Double-Unders
- 27 Jumping Pull-Ups
- 10 Deadlifts (155/135 lb)
- 12 Hang Power Cleans (155/135 lb)
- 12 Shoulder-to-Overheads (155/135 lb)
- 9 Burpees
- 6 Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups
- 3 Box Step Overs (24/20 in)
- 2 Kettlebell Snatches (70/44 lb)
- Wear a Weight Vest (20/14 lb)
On a 29-minute clock, as many rounds and repetitions as possible (AMRAP) perform the prescribed work in the order written.
Score is the total number of rounds and repetitions completed before the 29-minute clock stops.
About the wod
Background: This hero workout is dedicated to Sergeant 1st Class Ryan J. Savard, US Army Special Forces, who made the ultimate sacrifice in combat on October 12, 2012, in Khanabad district, Afghanistan.
This workout was designed by Coach Shawn Louie of CrossFit Huachuca @crossfithuachuca (Sierra Vista, AZ, USA) in close cooperation with Ryan’s mom, Karen.
In an email with WODwell, CrossFit Huachuca told us that Karen is a member of their gym and asked for help in creating this workout (which Coach Louie naturally obliged).
The rep scheme signifies:
– 29 minutes for Ryan’s age when he died
– 83 for the year he was born (02/27/1983)
– 27 for the day of his birthday
– 10 for the month when he died
– 12 for the day when Ryan died
– 12 for the year when he died
– 9 for the number of years he served in the army
– 3 for the 3 Bronze Stars with Valor awarded to Ryan
– 2 for the 2 Purple Hearts awards he received