CrossFit Chiang Mai Hero WOD
- 8 Rounds for Time
- 13 Deadlifts (185/125 lb)
- 17 Wall Ball Shots (20/14 lb)
- 400 meter Run
On Friday, July 6, 2018, Saman, 38, lost consciousness from a lack of oxygen on his way out of the Tham Luang cave complex after delivering supplies to the missing group.
Coaches at Crossfit Chiang Mai created this "Saman" hero WOD in his honor. The workout explained is:
- 8 rounds because the kids were 3.2 km inside the cave 400m x 8 = 3.2 km
- 13 for the boys and their coach
- 17 for the how long they were trapped inside the cave
We first saw the workout posted by WOD Nation on Facebook, with credit to CrossFit Chiang Mai. Thanks to Keelo for bringing it to our attention.