The Power House Memorial WOD for Ruth Ginsburg
- For Time
- Buy-In: 1,993 meter Row
- Directly into, 3 Rounds of:
- 50 Russian Kettlebell Swings (75/50 lb)
- 50 Barbell Floor Wipers (95/65 lb)
- 30 Goblet Squats (75/50 lb)
- Finally, perform:
- 1 set Max Push-Ups
- 1 set Max Plank Hold
With a running clock, perform the prescribed work. Make sure to maintain quality throughout all the reps. After the Goblet Squats, complete 1 attempt of max Push-Ups and max Plank Hold.
Score is the time on the clock when the workout is completed.
About the wod
Background: This workout is dedicated to US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg (RBG), who served the Supreme Court of the United States from 1993 until her death on September 18, 2020, from pancreatic cancer complications.
She was nominated by President Bill Clinton and was generally viewed as a moderate judge who was a consensus builder at the time of her nomination. She eventually became part of the liberal wing of the Court as the Court shifted to the right over time. Ginsburg was the second woman to serve on the U.S. Supreme Court, after Sandra Day O’Connor, and was the first Jewish woman to serve on the Court.
This workout was created by The Power House @thepowerhousemn (St. Paul, MN, USA). It was inspired by Justice Ginsberg’s frequent workout movements, Push-Ups and Planks, programmed by her longtime trainer Bryant Johnson @bdyjustice.
The rep scheme signifies:
– 1,993 meter Row for the year RBG was nominated and confirmed to the U.S. Supreme Court
– 3 rounds for pancreatic cancer as the 3rd deadliest type of cancer in America with the lowest survival rate in 5 years of diagnosis.
The original post suggested that there be no score for the workout. Instead, aim for quality in each rep.