- For Time
- Buy-In: 1,989 meter Row
- Directly into:
- 29 Burpees
- 54 Dumbbell Snatches (22.5/15 kg)
- 29 Pull-Ups
- 54 Push Presses (40/30 kg)
- 29 Deadlifts (100/60 kg)
- 54 Walking Lunges
- 29 Push-Ups
- 54 Air Squats
- Cash-Out: 1,991 meter Row
With a running clock, as fast as possible perform the prescribed work in the order written.
Score is the time on the clock when the cash-out is completed.
About the wod
Background: This workout is dedicated to Police Sergeant Matiu Ratana, age 54, of the Metropolitan Police Service who was tragically murdered whilst on duty at Croydon custody on the September 25, 2020.
Matt arrived in the UK from his birthplace of New Zealand in 1989 and joined the Metropolitan Police Service in 1991. Matt had served for 29 years and was due to retire in just 2 months time before he was killed.
Accomplished rugby player and head coach at East Grinstead RFC, Matt leaves behind his partner and son.
The rep scheme signifies:
– 1989 meter for Matt’s year of arrival in the UK from New Zealand
– 1991 meter for the year when he joined the Metropolitan Police Service
– 54 reps for his age when he was killed
– 29 reps for the number of years Matt served.