“Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance”
CrossFit Embolden Tribute WOD
- AMRAP in 15 minutes
- 1 Clean-and-Jerk (225/155 lb)
- 4 Front Squats (225/155 lb)
- 17 Russian Kettlebell Swings (70/53 lb)
- 22 Alternating Lunges
- Directly into:
- 1 mile Weighted Run (20/14 Vest)
On a 15-minute clock, perform as many rounds and repetitions as possible (AMRAP) of 1 Clean-and-Jerk, 4 Front Squats, 17 Russian Kettlebell Swings, and 22 Alternating Lunges. Directly after the 15-minute AMRAP, Run a mile with a Weight Vest.
Score is the total number of rounds and repetitions completed before the 15-minute clock stops.
About the wod
Background: This workout is a tribute for the Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day celebrated annually on October 15th, worldwide. It’s a day to recognize pregnancy loss and infant death, which includes, but is not limited to, miscarriage, stillbirth, SIDS, and the death of a newborn.
This workout was designed by Coach Mckennal Miller of CrossFit Embolden @crossfit_embolden (Cleaveland, TX, USA) to be first performed on October 15, 2020.
The rep scheme signifies:
– 15 minutes for the awareness date on October 15th
– 1 and 4 reps represent an estimated 1 in 4 individuals and families whose lives are irrevocably altered by the death of their children during pregnancy, at birth, and in infancy
– 17 and 22 reps signify 17%-22% of pregnancies end in a miscarriage
– Finally, the weighted Run is to remember those we have lost as well as symbolize the weight that families who have been through pregnancy and infant loss have to carry each and every day.