M4G CrossFit Memorial WOD
- AMRAP in 27 minutes
- 2 Snatches (87% of 1RM)
- 9 Shoulder-to-Overheads (Snatch Weight)
- 15 calorie Assault Bike
- 21 Box Jumps (24/20 in)
On a 27-minute clock, perform as many rounds and repetitions as possible (AMRAP) of the prescribed work in the order written.
Score is the total number of rounds and repetitions completed before the 27-minute clock stops.
About the wod
Background: This workout is dedicated to US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg (RBG), who served the Supreme Court of the United States from 1993 until her death on September 18, 2020, from pancreatic cancer complications.
She was nominated by President Bill Clinton and was generally viewed as a moderate judge who was a consensus builder at the time of her nomination. She eventually became part of the liberal wing of the Court as the Court shifted to the right over time. Ginsburg was the second woman to serve on the U.S. Supreme Court, after Sandra Day O’Connor, and was the first Jewish woman to serve on the Court.
The rep scheme signifies:
– 27 minutes for the number of years RBG served as an associate justice in the supreme court of the USA
– 2 Snatches for 2002, the year when RGB was inducted into the National Women’s Hall of Fame
– 87% for her age when she passed
– 9 Shoulder-to-Overheads for the year 200, when she was named as one of the 100 Most Powerful Women
– 15 calories for the year 2015, when Time magazine named her as one of the 100 Most Influential People
– 21 Box Jumps for the number of years she battled 5 separate bouts of cancer.