Memorial WOD for Matthew Daigle
- For Time
- Buy-In: 1,804 meter Run
- Directly into:
- 80 Air Squats
- 12 Burpees
- 30 Sit-Ups
- 85 Double-Unders
- 31 Dips
- 3 Bar Muscle-Ups
- 22 Push-Ups
- 17 Lunges (each leg)
- 66 Jumping Jacks
- Cash-Out: 439 meter Odd Object Carry
With a running clock, as fast as possible perform the prescribed work in the order written.
Score is the time on the clock when the cash-out is completed.
About the wod
Background: This memorial workout is dedicated to Trooper Matthew F. Daigle, Massachusetts State Police, who died suddenly on March 22, 2017, at 31 years of age, after suffering a medical emergency while on an off-duty run. Matthew was born on December 30, 1985.
Prior to his career with the Massachusetts State Police, and directly out of high school, Matty enlisted in the United States Air Force as a Security Forces member and was stationed at Hanscom Air Force Base for a number of years. Matty later concluded his active duty enlistment to pursue a career in civilian Law enforcement, however, continued to serve in the Air Force as a traditional reservist at the 439th Security Forces Squadron where he would finish his career as a firearms instructor in the Combat Arms Division of Security Forces.
The workout was designed and submitted by Airmen of the 439th Security Forces Squadron.
The significance behind the workout is as follows:
– 1,804 meter Run represents his cruiser number (running is what he was doing at the time of his medical emergency)
– 80 Air Squats represents his state trooper graduating class
– 12 Burpees, 30 Sit-Ups, and 85 Double-Unders represents his date of birth (12/30/85)
– 31 Dips represents his age at the time of his death
– 3 Bar Muscle-Ups, 22 Push-Ups, and 17 Lunges represents his end of watch (3/22/17)
– 66 Jumping Jacks represents his active duty squadron
– 439 meter Odd Object Carry represents his current reserve squadron.