“Maria Felipe de Oliveira”
CrossFit Porto Seguro Memorial WOD
- For Time
- 200 Alternating Lunges
- 40 Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups
- Then, 4 Rounds of:
- 1 Legless Rope Climb
- 18 Burpee Box Jump Overs (30/24 in)
- 73 Kettlebell Swings (24/16 kg)
With a running clock, complete the prescribed work in the order written as fast as possible (“For Time“).
Score is the time on the clock when the buy-out is completed.
About the wod
Background: This workout is dedicated to Maria Felipa de Oliveira. Translated from Portuguese via the submitter of the workout, Oliveira was “the black heroine from the Independence of Brazil in Bahia. Born on the island of Itaparica, she had the function of observing the movement of the caravels and then passing on the information to the Liberation Movement Command.”
“Tired of the role of lookout, she went into combat and led a group of about 200 people, including black women and Indians, responsible for burning more than 40 Portuguese vessels. This action was decisive for the victory over the Portuguese in Salvador. She died on January 4, 1873.”
The rep scheme signifies:
– 200 Alternating Lunges for the approximate number of people who joined Maria in the struggle for freedom
– 40 Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups for the number of women in the fight and also the number of Portuguese vessels destroyed
– 4 rounds for the day when Maria died
– 1 Legless Rope Climb for the month when she passed
– 18 and 73 reps for the year.