Steel Monkey CrossFit Hero WOD
- 5 Rounds for Time
- 530 meter Run
- 50 Alternating Walking Lunges
- 38 Sit-Ups
- 25 Push-Ups
- 19 Kettlebell Swings (53/35 lb)
- 9 Burpees Over Kettlebell
With a running clock, as fast as possible complete the prescribed work in the order written for 5 rounds.
Score is the time on the clock when the last round of the Burpees is completed.
About the wod
Background: This workout is dedicated to Instructor Pilot Scot Ames
and Japanese Student Pilot Renshi Uesaki who were both killed in a jet crash from Columbus Air Force Base on February 19, 2021.
Scot Ames, Jr., 24, was the instructor pilot in the T-38 trainer that went down near the airport in Montgomery, Alabama. He was from Pekin, Indiana. He married his wife, Audra, in June 2020.
Renshi Uesaki, 25, was a student pilot from the Japan Air Self-Defense Force. He was attending undergraduate pilot training at the Columbus Air Force Base when the jet crashed.
The workout was designed by Head Coach Jamie Adams of Steel Monkey CrossFit @steelmonkeycrossfit (Columbus, MS, USA).
The rep scheme signifies:
– 5 rounds for the number of nickels found on the grass
– 530 meter for 5:30 as the time when the crash happened
– 50 Walking Lunges for the 50th Squadron
– 38 Sit-Ups for the T38 model of the aircraft
– 25 Push-Ups for the age of the student pilot
– 19 Kettlebell Swings for the date when the incident happened
– 9 Burpees for the instructor’s individual call sign.