The Basement Memorial WOD
- 3 Rounds for Time
- 30 Weighted Sit-Ups (15/10 kg)
- 24 Box Jumps (60/50 cm)
- 30 Kettlebell Swings (20/16 kg)
- 24 Burpees
- 30 Deadlifts (50% 1RM)
- 24 Wall Ball Shots (9/6 kg)
- 30 Push-Ups
- 24 Air Squats
- 30 Double-Unders
With a running clock, as fast as possible complete the prescribed work in the order written for 3 rounds.
Score is the time on the clock when the last round of the Double-Unders is completed.
About the wod
Background: This memorial workout is dedicated to Lucas Oviedo who died from a traffic accident while riding his bicycle on March 30, 2019.
This workout was submitted to us by its designer, Coach Genaro Saldivar of The Basement @thebasementpy (Asuncion, Paraguay), who said Lucas was a dear companion, friend, and a member of a mountain bike team called “Aguará” (it means Fox in Guaraní).
The rep scheme signifies:
– 3 rounds for the month of March
– 9 movements for the hour he died at 9 A.M.
– 24 reps for his age when he died
– 30 reps for the date when he passed