CrossFit War Machine Hero WOD
- AMRAP in 20 minutes 19 seconds
- Buy-In: 200 meter Single-Arm Kettlebell Front Rack Walk (20/15 kg)
- Then, AMRAP in remaining time of:
- 9 Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups
- 2 Snatches (61/43 kg)
- 10 Bar Over Burpees
- 5 Dumbbell Power Cleans (2x22.5/15 kg)
To begin the workout, complete the buy-in of 200 meter Single-Arm Kettlebell Front Rack Walk. For the kettlebell front rack walk, use one arm at a time. Switch as needed. In the remaining time of the 20:19 clock, perform as many repetitions as possible (AMRAP) of the prescribed work.
Score is the total number of repetitions completed before the clock stops.
About the wod
Background: This hero workout is created by CrossFit War Machine @crossfitwarmachine (Nantes, France) to commemorate the commitment of the two French marine commandos who lost their lives in the nights of May 9-10, 2019 to save others. It was conceived on the initiative of one of their former comrades who trains in the box.
The explanation of the WOD:
– K for Kommando
– HBT for the diminutive of HUBERT (name of their unit)
– 200 meter One Arm Front Rack Hold KB for the 200 meter traveled before the tragedy.
– Then, between the 9th and the 10th of May, 2 commandos saw their lives torn down by terrorists.
– 20 minutes and 19 seconds for the year.
“We will not commemorate their death but will commemorate their commitment to a just cause: saving lives.”