Commando Performance Training Hero WOD
- 13 Rounds for Time
- 13 calorie Air Bike
- 13 Medicine Ball Cleans (20/14 lb)
- 13 Box Jumps (24/20 in)
With a running clock, complete 13 rounds of the prescribed work in the order written as fast as possible (“For Time“).
Score is the time on the clock when the last round of the Box Jumps is completed.
About the wod
Background: This workout is dedicated to the 13 service members – 11 Marines, an Army Corpsman, and a Navy Corpsman – who died on August 26, 2021, at the airport in Kabul, Afghanistan, while engaged in a dangerous, selfless mission to save the lives of others. They were assisting in the evacuation of US Citizens and friendly Afghan nationals.
The attack marked one of the deadliest days for American forces in the past decade of the 20-year war in Afghanistan — and took place just days ahead of the U.S.’s planned full withdrawal from the country that was overtaken on Aug. 15 by the Taliban.
The soldiers who sacrificed their lives were:
– Sgt. Johanny Rosario Pichardo, 25, of Lawrence, Massachusetts, assigned to 5th Marine Expeditionary Brigade, Naval Support Activity Bahrain
– Sgt. Nicole L. Gee, 23, of Sacramento, California, assigned to Combat Logistics Battalion 24, 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, North Carolina
– Staff Sgt. Darin T. Hoover, 31, of Salt Lake City, Utah
– Cpl. Hunter Lopez, 22, of Indio, California, a rifleman
– Cpl. Daegan W. Page, 23, of Omaha, Nebraska, a rifleman
– Cpl. Humberto A. Sanchez, 22, of Logansport, Indiana, a rifleman
– Lance Cpl. David L. Espinoza, 20, of Rio Bravo, Texas, a rifleman
– Lance Cpl. Jared M. Schmitz, 20, of St. Charles, Missouri, a rifleman
-Lance Cpl. Rylee J. McCollum, 20, of Jackson, Wyoming, a rifleman
– Lance Cpl. Dylan R. Merola, 20, of Rancho Cucamonga, California, a rifleman
– Lance Cpl. Kareem M. Nikoui, 20, of Norco, California
– Navy Corpsman Maxton W. Soviak, 22, of Berlin Heights, Ohio, assigned to 1st Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, Camp Pendleton, California
– Staff Sgt. Ryan C. Knauss, 23, of Corryton, Tennessee. Knauss was assigned to 9th PSYOP Battalion, 8th PSYOP Group, Ft. Bragg, North Carolina
The workout was designed by Comando Performance Training @commando_performance (Ridgefield, WA, USA).