Iron Roots Athlete Tribute WOD
- 10 Rounds for Time (with a Partner)
- 7 Hang Cleans (115/75 lb)
- 29 Air Squats
- 10 Strict Pull-Ups
With a running clock, perform the prescribed work in the order written for 10 rounds as fast as possible (“For Time“).
Score is the time on the clock when the last round of the Strict Pull-Ups is completed.
About the wod
Background: This workout is dedicated to Marcus Hayward who was severely wounded while on Southern Afghanistan on July 29, 2010. He was on an ATV when he hit a pressure-plate IED.
Marcus shared, “ I sustained numerous injuries to include my left eye and amputation of my left leg. I would then spend the next 2 years at Walter Reed Medical Center recovering.”
This workout was designed by Iron Roots Athlete @iron.roots.athlete as part of their initiative to continue fostering conversations on the progress of supporting people of color in the fitness community. It was one of the initial memorial WODs for their ‘Walk With Us: A Program Series With a Purpose.’
The rep scheme signifies:
– 10 rounds and 10 Strict Pull-Ups for the year 2020 which is 10th anniversary of Marcus being alive after the incident
– 7 Hang Cleans for the month of July when Marcus was wounded in Afghanistan
– 29 Air Squats for the day of the incident.