Cottontown CrossFit Hero WOD
- 4 Rounds for Time
- 23 Russian Kettlebell Swings (1.5/1 pood)
- 23 Box Jumps (24/20 in)
- 23 Sit-Ups
- 23 Dumbbell Snatches (35/25 lb)
- 23 Goblet Squats (1.5/1 pood)
- 23 Double-Unders
- 23 Medicine Ball Cleans (20/14 lb)
- 186 seconds (3:06) cumulative Plank Hold
For the cash out (finisher) Plank Hold, accumulate a total of 186 seconds in the Plank Hold position. Rest as needed but do not count any of the rest time.
About the wod
Background: Dedicated to Forest Acres Police Officer, Greg Alia, who was killed in the line of duty while trying to apprehend a suspect on September 30, 2016. His death “had a huge impact on the LE community and the small town of Forest Acres, SC.”
The Heroes in Blue organization named December 14th “Officer Gregory Alia Day” for Richland County, SC and the City of Forest Acres – first recognized on December 14, 2015.
This workout, designed by Cottontown CrossFit @cottontowncrossfit (formerly Forest Drive CrossFit) (Forest Acres, SC, USA), features:
– 7 movements for the years of Greg’s time as a police officer
– 161 reps per round for Alia’s call sign
– 186 seconds for Alia’s vehicle number.
Alia is survived by his wife, Kassy Alia and his son, Sal Alia. 4 rounds for the years of marriage for Greg and Kassy.
Kassy “started an organization [@serveandconnect] in honor of Greg…to promote positive police community relationships.”