“Fighter + Survivor”
CrossFit PFB Tribute WOD
- For Time
- 6 Rope Climbs
- 26 Hang Power Snatches (115/80 lb)
- 99 Wall Ball Shots (20/14 lb)
- 17 Toes-to-Bars
- 6 Rope Climbs
- 12 Muscle-Ups
- 24 Handstand Push-Ups
- 99 Double-Unders
- 20 Kettlebell Thrusters (2x53/35 lb)
- 1 mile Run
- Time Cap: 30 minutes
With a running clock, as fast as possible complete the prescribed work in the order written.
Score is the time on the clock when the 1 mile Run is completed.
About the wod
Background: This tribute workout is dedicated to James Wolfe-McCormick @james_wolfemccormick, who celebrated 20 years cancer-free on December 24, 2019.
James was diagnosed with AML Leukemia on June 26th, 1999 at the age of 17. He spent the next 6 months at Doernbecher Children’s Hospital fighting for his life before he was selected to participate in a research chemotherapy treatment.
James began his treatment and was faced with many bumps in the road. He continued to fight and never gave up. He completed his last chemotherapy treatment on December 24, 1999. It would be easy to look at James and not even know the hard fight he went through. He is a humble guy who does not speak of this fight too often as it was a time when he wondered if he would even make it to see today. He truly is a fighter and survivor.
This workout was designed by James’ sister, Coach Laree Wolfe of CrossFit PFB @cfbrfandpfbfw (Sandy, OR, USA) to celebrate Jame’s life.
According to Laree, the rep scheme signifies:
– 6/26/99 reps for the date when James was diagnosed with leukemia
– 17 toes-to bars for his age when diagnosed
– 6 rope climbs for the number of months he spent fighting for his life
– 12/24/99 reps for the date of his last chemotherapy treatment
– 20 thrusters for the 20 years James being in remission
– 1 mile run for the big miracle that James survived leukemia