One Mile CrossFit Memorial WOD
- 4 Rounds for Time
- 20 Jerks (47/34 kg)
- 20 Air Squats
- 20 Hang Cleans (47/34 kg)
- 20 Inverted Burpees
- 20 Ring Dips
- 20 Overhead Barbell Lunges (47/34 kg)
- Rest 4 minutes
- Then, establish in 4 minutes:
- 1 rep max Snatch
- Wear a Safety Mask through the workout.
With a running clock, as fast as possible perform the part one of the workout in the order written for 4 rounds. Rest 4 minutes. Then proceed to part two of the workout: Establish a 1 rep max Snatch in 4 minutes.
This workout will have 2 scores. Score A is the time on the clock when the 4 rounds of part one are completed. Score B is the maximum load successfully lifted for the Snatch within the 4-minute time cap.
About the wod
This memorial workout was designed and submitted to WODwell by his son, Julián Silva @workhard_83 in collaboration (and review) with his CrossFit coach, Albert Macian @amc_coach from One Mile Crossfit @onemilecrossfit (Molins de Rei, Barcelona, Spain).
In his submission, Julián described his father as:
"Father of two, dedicated his last 10 years to bring the culture of Latin-American immigrants closer to Catalonia, using different political militancy as Partido Socialista Obrero Catalaán (PSC) o Sociedad Civil Catalana (SCC), collaborating with different cultural associations and Latin-American consulates in order to connect both cultures and improving the stay of Latin-American immigrants through charitable causes, radio music programs, exhibitions or cultural festivals of music and art."
"He always tried his best to help others and those in need, since he empathized with them due to his experience as an immigrant in Spain in the 1970s where it was always difficult for foreigners."
According to Julián, the significance of the workout includes:
- 4 rounds for time for the month when he died
- 20 repetitions for the day and the year when he died
- 47 kilograms prescribed weight for men for the year he was born
- The first letter of each movement in the workout build the word "JAHIRO S.", his name and surname
- Rx requires a medical/safety mask to simulate restricted oxygen, like how a COVID-19 patient has trouble breathing
Your feedback has been received. We really appreciate you taking the time to do that. Want to know when we make major updates? Subscribe to our monthly newsletter: https://wodwell.com/wods/subscribe/ Jeremy & Lisa WODwell