“Fall of Baghdad”
GoRuck Tribute WOD
- For Time
- Buy-In: 2,000 meter Ruck Run (30/20 lb)
- Then, 34 Rounds of:
- 1 Sandbag Squat Cluster with Ruck (60/40 lb, 30/20 lb)
- 3 Ruck Push-Ups (30/20 lb)
- 5 4-count Ruck Mountain Climbers (30/20 lb)
- Buy-Out: 2,000 meter Ruck Run (30/20 lb)
With a running clock, as fast as possible complete the prescribed work. Athlete must accomplish the buy-in of 2,000 meter Ruck Run. Then, complete 34 rounds of 1 Sandbag Squat Clean Thruster (Cluster), 3 Ruck Push-Ups, and 5 Ruck Mountain Climbers. To complete the workout, athlete must perform the buy-out of 2,000 meter Ruck Run.
Score is the time on the clock when the buy-out is completed.
About the wod
Background: This workout is dedicated to those who fought at the Battle of Baghdad (a.k.a. Generation Kill).
The destruction of the Saddam Hussein statue in Firdos Square was an event in the invasion of Iraq in 2003 that marked the symbolic end of the Battle of Baghdad. The event occurred on April 9, 2003.
The tribute was designed by GoRuck @goruck as a part of their Sandbag & Ruck Training programming (aka SRT) for March 2021.
The rep scheme signifies:
– 34 rounds for the 34 fallen heroes killed in action
– 1 Sandbag Cluster to represent the 1st Marine Division
– 3 Ruck Push-Up for the 3rd Infantry Division
– 5 4-count Mountain Climbers for the 5 coalition troops who were in the battle.