- For Time
- Buy-In: 250 meter Row
- Then, 6 Rounds of:
- 32 Air Squats
- 29 Sit-Ups
- 9 Pull-Ups
- 8 Burpees
- 4 Handstand Push-Ups
- Cash-Out: 299 Single-Unders
With a running clock, as fast as possible perform the prescribed work in the order written. Athlete must complete the buy-in of a 250 meter Row before moving on to 6 rounds of Air Squats, Sit-Ups, Pull-Ups, Burpees, and Handstand Push-Ups. To complete the workout, athlete must complete the cash-out of 299 Single-Unders.
Score is the time on the clock when the cash-out is completed.
About the wod
Background: This tribute workout is dedicated to all the affected victims of the 250th mass shooting of 2019 in Dayton, Ohio which occurred on August 4, 2019.
The shooter opened fire for 29 seconds with a .223-caliber high-capacity rifle with 100-round drum magazines. Officers patrolling the Oregon District as the bars were closing shortly after 1 a.m. heard the gunfire and saw a large crowd running away. There were 6 Dayton PD officers who responded. The shooting killed 9 people and injured 32.
The workout was designed by Lynlee Cornett, an ACSM certified personal trainer who also resided a few miles away from the area of the shooting.
The rep scheme signifies:
– 250-meter row for the 250th mass shooting
– 6 rounds for the Dayton PD officers who responded
– 32 Air Squats for the 32 wounded victims
– 29 Air Squats for the number of seconds the gunman was actively shooting
– 9 Pull-Ups for the number of civilians killed
– 8 Burpees for the month when the incident happened
– 4 Handstand Push-Ups for the day of the incident
– 299 Single-Unders for the combined ages of the victims.