- 2 Rounds for Time
- 53 Burpees
- 18 Kettlebell Swings (53/35 lb)
- 100 calorie Row
- 13 Thrusters (95/65 lb)
With a running clock, as fast as possible perform the prescribed work in the order written for 2 rounds.
Score is the time on the clock when the last round of the Thrusters is completed.
About the wod
Background: This workout is dedicated to Chicago Police Cmdr. Paul Bauer who was shot and killed in the line of duty after a chase and struggle on February 13, 2018.
Bauer, a married father of a 13-year-old daughter, was the first Chicago cop shot and killed since 2011. He was the highest-ranking officer killed in decades.
The workout was designed by Coach George Grandolfo, certified in NASM & SGX, who first posted the workout in his Facebook group, Strong As Oak.
The rep scheme signifies:
– 2 rounds for the month of death, February
– 53 Burpees for his age when Commander Bauer died
– 100 calorie for the address of the shooting
– 13 Thrusters for the date of the incident.
See also (related): “Bauer” (different workout for the same man)