- For Time
- 1 mile Run
- 20 Eight-Count Body Builders*
- 800 meter Run
- 35 Eight-Count Body Builders*
- 400 meter
- 50 Eight-Count Body Builders*
- 200 meter
- *1 Body Builder:
- 1: Hands on The Ground
- 2: Feet Jump Back To Push Up Plank
- 3: Chest On The Ground (Bottom Push Up Position)
- 4: Back To Plank Position (Top Push Up Position)
- 5. Wide Stance (Like A Jumping Jack)
- 6. Narrow Stance (Back To Plank Position)
- 7. Feet Jump Forward to Hands
- 8. Stand Tall
With a running clock, as fast as possible perform the prescribed work in the order written. The running distances are straight forward. The Eight-Count Body Builders are a mix between a strict burpee and a squat thrust. Each movement of the body builder consists of hands on the ground, sprawl back to Push-Up position, chest to the floor, Push-Up to Plank, wide stance like a Jumping Jack, narrow stance back to Plank, jump feet forward, stand straight up (no jump and clap).
Score is the time on the clock when the 200 meter Run is completed.
Tips and Strategy
Work to your strengths. If you are a strong runner, use that to make up time lost on the 8-counts, if you are a slower runner, use the run as a rest, and attack the 8-counts.
Should ignite a good cardio response, but should be able to keep moving on the Body Builders.
Scale the Run To Row: 2,000 meter, 1,000 meter, 500 meter, 250 meter respectively. If the athlete struggles with the push-up portion of the Body Builder, they can scale to regular Burpees and hit the down portion more like an Up-Down than a Push-Up.
About the wod
Custom Workout Programming
Discover incredible coaches who design custom workout programs.
Related WODsSee More Related WODs
No Ads (Upgrade)
UNLOCK THE WOD CALENDAR
Upgrade to "Beastmode" to get daily workout inspiration from our WOD Calendar - and more!
- 365 days of workout inspiration from the WOD Calendar - Discover anniversaries for famous heroes, memorials, tributes and other benchmark WODs.
- advanced filters for 5x more popular workouts
- 100 new WODs each month
- and no more ads!
Already a subscriber? Login
Add to collection
MovementPopularAlphabeticalShow 15 moreShow allShow less
EquipmentPopularAlphabeticalShow 15 moreShow allShow less
Your feedback has been received. We really appreciate you taking the time to do that. Want to know when we make major updates? Subscribe to our monthly newsletter: https://wodwell.com/wods/subscribe/ Jeremy & Lisa WODwell