- 5 Rounds for Time
- 8 Squat Cleans (155/105 lb)
- 9 Strict Pull-Ups
- 20 Push-Ups
- Starting at 0:00, every 2 minutes perform:
- 5 Bar Facing Burpees
- Wear a Weight Vest (20/14 lb) throughout the 5 rounds
- Cash-Out: 5 mile Assault Bike
With a running clock, as fast as possible perform the prescribed work in the order written for 5 rounds while wearing a Weight Vest. Athlete must complete 8 Squat Cleans, 9 Strict Pull-Ups, and 20 Push-Ups every round. Starting at 0:00, every 2 minutes perform 5 Bar Facing Burpees until the 5 rounds are completed. To finish the workout, perform the cash-out of 5 mile Assault Bike. Remove Weight Vest and no Burpees for this portion.
Score is the time on the clock when the cash-out is completed.
About the wod
Background: This memorial workout is dedicated to 5-year-old Cannon Hinnant, who was senselessly shot in the head by his 25-year old neighbor on August 9, 2020, in Wilson, North Carolina while riding his bicycle in front of his father’s home. He was taken to a local hospital, where he later died.
According to Carmine, the rep scheme signifies:
– 5 rounds, 5 Burpees and 5 miles for Cannon’s age
– Cash-out of 5-mile Assault Bike since he was tragically murdered on his bike, doing what he loved (riding his bike)
– 8-9-20 reps for the date when he was killed.