“By His Wounds”
CrossFit Superfly Easter WOD
- 3 Rounds for Time (in a Team of 3)
- 39 Thrusters (95/65 lb)
- 400 meter Team Run with 1 Medicine Ball (20/14 lb)
- 100 Sledgehammer Hits on Tire (10/8 lb)
- 1 minute Team Dead Hang Hold
- 30 Bar Over Burpees
- 30 Deadlifts (185/135 lb)
With a running clock, complete 3 rounds of the prescribed work in the order written a fast as possible (“For Time“).
Score is the time on the clock when the last round of the Deadlifts is completed.
Sledgehammer Hits on Tire: Using a sledgehammer, hit the tire with the prescribed number of reps. Switch as necessary.
Weights and reps should be chosen to allow athletes to reliably perform a third of the reps unbroken when in a team of 3. There should be very little rest, other than the time it takes partners to do their part.
Anything sub 30 mins is an excellent time. Sub 35 mins is good. Consider placing a 45 min cap on athletes.
About the wod
Background: This workout is intended to be performed during Easter to commemorate the resurrection of Jesus in Christianity.
The WOD was designed by John Kenniv and originally performed at CrossFit Superfly @crossfitsuperfly (Mason, OH, USA) on Good Friday, 2021.
The rep scheme signifies:
– 3 members in a team for the Christian Trinity
– 3 rounds for the days Jesus was buried
– 39 Thrusters for the number of lashes Jesus received
– Medicine Ball Run for the carrying of the cross to Calvary
– 100 Sledgehammer hits for nailing Jesus to the cross
– 1 minute Hang Hold for the death of Jesus while hanging from a tree
– 30 Bar Over Burpees for Jesus being taken down from the cross and buried in a tomb
– 30 Deadlifts for Jesus being raised from the dead after 3 days of being buried.