The Power House Memorial WOD
- 8 Rounds for Time
- 13 Burpees
- 26 Russian Kettlebell Swings (55/35 lb)
- 13 Thrusters (75/55 lb)
- 26 Ring Rows
- Perform 3 minutes work and 1 minute rest until the 8 rounds are completed.
With a running clock, as fast as possible perform the prescribed work in the order written for 8 rounds. Athlete will work in 3-minute windows and rest 1 minute until the 8 rounds are completed.
Score is the time on the clock when the last round of Ring Rows is completed.
About the wod
Background: This memorial workout is dedicated to Breonna Taylor, a 26-year-old African-American emergency room technician, who was killed on March 13, 2020, after being confronted by Louisville police who were executing a “no-knock” search warrant on her apartment.
At the time of her death, Breonna was working at the University of Louisville Health as an essential worker during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The rep scheme signifies:
– 3 minutes and 13 reps for March 13 when she was killed
– 26 reps for her age when the incident happened
– 8 rounds for the number of times she was shot.