CrossFit 313 Memorial WOD for Raven Goff
- 8 Rounds for Time
- 6 Clean-and-Jerks (155/105 lb)
- 6 Handstand Push-Ups
- 26 Double-Unders
- 13 Box Jumps (24/20 in)
With a running clock, as fast as possible perform the prescribed work in the order written for 8 rounds.
Score is the time on the clock when the last round of Box Jumps is completed.
About the wod
Background: This memorial workout is dedicated to Raven Nicole Goff of Burleson, Texas who died in a tragic accident on January 13, 2020. Raven was only six years old.
Raven’s workout was designed by the husband and wife owners of CrossFit 313 @crossfit_313 (Burleson, TX, USA), Clint and Ashley Thompson.
In CrossFit 313’s post about the workout, they wrote: “Although still very young, she had touched so many people in life with her joy and compassion. As a member of CrossFit 313, Raven was always very excited after class time to be given her chance to have free run of the place. Often times she would ask the closest coach or member to assist her with setting up bands or adjusting rings to swing and bounce from, or building a very high box ladder for her to fearlessly climb up, needing no assistance to get down mind you, she was absolutely fearless.
Raven made many friends at the gym, from other kid members, to their parents, and of course best friends with every one of the coaches. She could be heard screaming for her mommy and daddy to “pick it up,” or “go, mom, go!” Just hearing that sweet voice yelling at you was enough for even the most tired member to find that next gear and get back to work. Raven truly was an inspiration to us all. And for that, she is a HERO at CrossFit 313.”
The rep scheme signifies:
– 8 rounds represent the eight vital organs Raven and family have donated so that others may get a second chance at life.
– 6 represents the six graceful years of life that Raven blessed everyone around her with. The Clean & Jerk represents the heavy burden that must be carried after such a loss.
– 6 represents Raven’s birth month. The Handstand Push Up represents that when life knocks you on your head, you must push back, you must get up, and you must fight on.
– 26 represents Raven’s birthday. The Double Under represents how precious life is, and how fast it can pass you by. In a blur it can be over, so cherish every moment, seize every day, and have no regrets.
– 13 represents Raven’s birth year. The box jump represents Raven’s fearless climb to the top, and a reminder to us all to live on without fear. Take chances, have courage, and always look up.