We’ve already built the most popular site for “benchmark workouts,” used by millions of athletes around the world. Now we’re building a marketplace to connect athletes with programming and coaching for any need and ability.
We’re a small, completely remote, cross-functional team, working together to develop the platform and content to make functional fitness easier to understand and more accessible to everyone. If that mission excites you, we want to hear from you.
Seeking an experienced product marketer (part time freelance/contract) with growth chops to develop and implement and execute our first product marketing strategy. This will be an ongoing contract for the right person.
How do we convert more of our users to paid subscribers? How do we retain those subscribers for longer? These are the questions we want your perspective on as we evolve the WODwell product and content strategy.
We’re a completely remote team. You can do this work from almost anywhere!
- Establish an intimate understanding of WODwell’s user Personas and User Journey (we’ve done the foundational work to produce the first versions of both)
- Identify opportunities for improving subscriber conversion rate and retention.
- Ruthlessly prioritize and tackle the highest impact opportunities first.
- Define product changes and drive campaigns that will help us improve user engagement, conversion, and retention through product and lifecycle marketing.
What we have today
- A popular web app built for CrossFit enthusiasts with 400k+ monthly users (free). 55k registered users (free); 1.4k paying subscribers.
- An estimated paid member retention duration that we believe we can 5x.
- Basic transactional emails (Sendgrid) with plenty of opportunity for improvement.
- An email list of ~100k on Mailchimp (used primarily for a once-a-month “new workouts” newsletter).
- An engaged but under-served social following on Instagram (130k), YouTube (30k), and Facebook (14k).
- Google Analytics tracking for key events, goals, and campaign attribution.
- Hotjar for user session recording.
- Decent insights into our users’ profiles and needs from a couple of user surveys, a handful of live user interviews, and lots of feedback from members who have canceled their memberships over the last 3 years.
- A willingness to change and try new things.
What you need to succeed
- 5+ years of B2C SaaS start-up product marketing experience.
- Deep familiarity with CrossFit as a training regimen and a sport. Better yet, you’re a CrossFit fanatic!
- A desire to understand the “current state” and the “problem” first before proposing solutions.
- A knack for distilling big ideas into actionable strategies.
- Excellent communications, both written and oral.
- Even better listening skills.
- Experience growing very small companies, from solo entrepreneurs (1 employee), to tiny scrappy start-ups (2-5 employees), to small early stage start-ups (6-10 employees).
- Familiarity with tools and best practices for small teams that allow room to grow.
- You have some skills in lifecycle marketing and growth marketing.