WODwell is the most popular workout content web app used by millions of functional fitness athletes (CrossFitters) around the world. We spent years growing our audience organically; now we’re deepening our value proposition and monetizing the product. Revenue is growing 70%-100% each of the last 3 years. Now we’re designing new products for functional fitness athletes who want to get more serious about their training.
We’re a very small (8 full- and part-time), completely bootstrapped, fully remote, cross-functional team working together to develop the platform and content to bring functional fitness to more people around the world. If that mission excites you, we want to hear from you.
Seeking an experienced start-up operations General Manager (freelance/contract, part time (20-30h/wk)) with broad experience helping to build, run, and scale early stage internet start-ups, new software divisions of companies, or complex web/mobile projects. This will be an ongoing contract working directly with the founders.
Strategically, you’ll help define and track the objectives and KPIs that matter most (such as LTV, Growth Rate, Retention Rate, and CSAT). You’ll help us craft the strategy and be a key voice in determining where and how to allocate capital to hit our targets. You’ll help guide the team (currently all contractors) and hold them accountable for measurable results.
Tactically, you’ll get your hands dirty initially by taking ownership of business processes to understand how current operations work: administrative, social media management, content management, customer support, and technical project management). You’ll document key processes and ensure KPIs are measurable and reportable. Then, you’ll methodically ensure we have the right people in place to operationalize the most critical processes and help the business scale.
Because we’re a remote team, you can do this work from almost anywhere! For this important role strong preference will go to candidates whose working day overlaps with the US Pacific working day by at least 4 hours.
- Help define and track the objectives and KPIs that matter most (such as LTV, Growth Rate, Retention Rate, and CSAT)
- Help craft the strategy and determine where and how to allocate capital to hit our targets
- Take ownership of key business processes, and help operationalize them for scalability
- Guide the team (all contractors) and hold them accountable for measurable results
What we have today
- A popular web app built for CrossFit enthusiasts with 4.6m annual users (wodwell.com)
- A growing paid customer base that we believe we can 10x in the next 3 years
- A willingness to change and try new things
What you need to succeed
- 5+ years of relevant B2C start-up operations or product management experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead with data-driven decisions
- A desire to understand the “current state” and the “problem” first before proposing solutions
- Excellent (native) English communications, both written and oral
- Even better listening skills
- Experience growing very small companies or divisions or projects from 1-10+ team members
- Experience working as part of and managing a globally distributed team
- Experience working with the OKR framework
- Experience running a business across both web and native app experiences
- Familiarity with CrossFit as a training regimen and a sport. Better yet you’re a CrossFit fanatic!
Some of WODwell’s key product attributes
- Small distributed team of 8 (3 full time; 5 part time)
- Web app for functional fitness enthusiasts
- 60% subscription revenue / 40% ad revenue
- Growing 70-100%/year
- Path to profitability
- Established product-market fit
- Large top of funnel audience / lots of opportunity for improved monetization