Legión Décima Tribute WOD
- 5 Rounds for Time
- 25 Double-Unders
- 18 Burpees Box Jump Overs (24/20 in)
- 10 Dumbbell Walking Lunges (2x22.5/15 kg)
- Immediately after, AMRAP in 9 minutes:
- 25 Power Cleans (40/30 kg)
- 5 Push Presses (40/30 kg)
- 18 Front Squats (40/30 kg)
- 10 Bar Over Burpees
With a running clock, perform 5 rounds of 25 Double-Unders, 18 Burpee Box Jump Overs, and 10 Dumbbell Walking Lunges. Immediately after, perform as many repetitions as possible (AMRAP) of 25 Power Cleans, 5 Push Presses, 18 Front Squats, and 10 Bar Over Burpees for 9 minutes.
This workout will have two scores. Score A is the time on the clock to completed the 5 rounds. Score B is the total number of repetitions completed before the 9-minute clock stops.
About the wod
Background: This tribute workout was created to celebrate the Argentinian May Revolution, known as Revolución de Mayo.
It was a week-long series of events that took place from May 18 to 25, 1810, in Buenos Aires, capital of the Viceroyalty of the Río de la Plata. This Spanish colony included roughly the territories of present-day Argentina, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay, and parts of Brazil. The result was the removal of Viceroy Baltasar Hidalgo de Cisneros and the establishment of a local government, the Primera Junta (First Junta), on May 25. The Junta would eventually become the country of Argentina. It was the first successful revolution in the South American Independence process.
The rep scheme signifies:
– 5 rounds for the month of May
– 25 reps for the day when the revolution ended
– 18 and 10 reps for the year of the revolution
– 9 minutes for the first 9 members of the Primera Junta
– 25-5-18-10 for the date when the Primera Junta was formed, May 25, 1810.