Serving the Every Day Functional Fitness Athlete
WODwell provides tools that help individuals design their own functional fitness programs, plus expertly crafted CrossFit training programs for the rest of us.
- Find workout ideas. Save time designing your own program. Use WODwell to browse, discover, save, and learn about popular workouts.
- Follow a daily program designed for athletes like you. Warm-ups, skill-development, scaling options, and more. Prepare you for whatever life throws at you in 60 minutes a day.
Are you a coach? Build your following and grow your business by sharing your craft on WODwell.
It all started with Benchmark WODs
Before there was a wodwell.com we filmed benchmark WOD videos at local and international gyms and put them on YouTube. Benchmarks are the workouts you do to test your fitness, memorialize heroes, and celebrate events. The coaches who design them give them names and they become part of the shared language of the global functional fitness community. We always thought this was a cool aspect of functional fitness.
Athletes who do this type of functional training remember the first time they heard of the benchmark WODs “Grace” or “Fight Gone Bad” or “Murph”, and probably thought “what is that, and how do you do it?“
For Hero and Memorial WODs especially, the stories and dates are important and deserve to be shared. The workouts can honor namesakes, connect communities, and provide inspiration for the athletes honoring the fallen.
Making videos was fun, but we knew we’d never be able to make as many videos as there were WODs.
That was the spark for making wodwell.com an archive for benchmark WODs.
Over the next couple of years, this site grew to become the internet’s most popular curated source for functional fitness workouts from the global functional fitness community.
- In 2019 we opened up our platform to allow coaches to post their own favorite original workouts directly on the site.
- In 2020 we expanded our mission to help people progress further on their fitness journey by helping athletes find and hire coaches to design custom training plans tailored to their goals and needs.
- In 2022 we started offering daily training programs to fulfill the most common request from users: “What workout should I do today?”
And we’re just getting started!
Want to know more about WODwell’s history? Watch this “How it Started/How it’s Going” video series (2022) or listen to this interview on “The Barbell Strikes Back” podcast (2020).
We’re a husband and wife team: Lisa (@wodwith_lisa | CrossFit Level-2, OPEX, and BirthFit certified coach) and Jeremy (tech executive and entrepreneur). We’re dedicated parents and masters athletes.
If you like what we’re doing and want to be a part of it become a member, train with us, or just say hello.
– Lisa & Jeremy